US Tourist Visa

US Tourist Visa

February 4, 2015 Off By Richard Saelim

Get your US Tourist Visa in Thailand. If you are in Thailand and wanting to take your girlfriend back to the US to marry her then you will know that this would be viewed as fraud by the USCIS. If you want to take your Thai fiancé back to the US then apply for the correct fiancée visa in Thailand. The financial requirements for the US visa is not very high.

US Tourist Visa

US Tourist Visa

If you are a real tourist then you will need to know that it is very difficult to obtain a tourist visa for the US as many do abuse the visa as shown above. More than 90% of US visa applications globally are turn down each year. In order to obtain the tourist visa you will need to complete the needed form for the B2 Tourist Visa for the United States and you will also need to provide all the documents as requested by the US Embassy in Bangkok.

The B-2 Tourist Visa is meant only for travel which is viewed as being recreational in nature, which would include tourism or visiting friends or relatives in the US. This can also be for medical treatment and activities of social nature.

What is needed for a US Tourist Visa?

You will need to provide proof of the following to the US Embassy before they will issue you with a tourist visa:

  • Proof of the purpose of your trip to the United States;
  • That the trip is for a temporary visit;
  • That you plan to remain in the US for a specific, limited period of time;
  • Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States;
  • That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit

In short they want to ensure that you do not overstay your visa. This and that you have more than enough funds to pay your way when in the United States. They also need to be assured that you will return to Thailand so you will need the following documents outside of the application form.

Supporting Documents:

Depending on what you do in Thailand the documents will not be the same. If you are working then you need a letter from your company in Thailand. This and if you are a student you will need proof of your studies in Thailand.

  • 3 months’ payslips from your employer (Employed)
  • Your latest school results, transcripts (Student)
  • Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets;
  • Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip;
  • A letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, employment record

If it is for medical purposes then you need additional documents for the tourist visa such as:

  • Letter from a Thai hospital explaining the nature of your ailment;
  • Letter from a US hospital expressing a willingness to treat this specific ailment;
  • Financial statements from the person paying for the trip and also the treatment.

These are the basics for a tourist visa application for the United States. If you need more help then speak to an immigration lawyer in Thailand for more information and assistance.


Incoming search terms: